Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Back to those extra SAND DOLLARS $$$$$




Staying in the house today while the cool wind blew, I thought about my favorite place in the whole world: CANNON BEACH. This is a place I go to sooth my soul and to clear my mind. This summer my daughter Lizzie and I went for a week. My dear friend Julie met us there so we enjoyed the sun,sand,surf, and of course a minus tide that makes for many sand dollars. I brought them home and set them in the sunshine...sure enough they turned bright white. I've had a terrible time with my old bird bath leaking and caulking it with cement fixer for the last 2 summers. While looking at the sand dollars I had a novice idea and thought they would look great filling my bird bath. Lizzie and I found over 26 on the last morning of our trip. With that said "TA-DA" to a birdbath filled with sand dollars.
Warmly,
Helen....

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful!!!! I love your idea. Your sand dollars look different from the ones I find here in Florida. In order to get whole sand dollars here we have to go snorkling for them.

    ReplyDelete