Sunday, November 29, 2009

A little time to be creative





With a little extra time on my hands Saturday evening after watching the WSU COUGS getting horribly beat it was time for a little creativity. Earlier this summer at Leslee Mobley's "American Primitive Show" one of the best to go to I might add, I found this piece of simple driftwood with the word "PARIS" stenciled. It cost a me $18.00 but I bought it with the idea...I could make those. While up at my dear friends Debbie and Rick's house in Chelan there are several of these soft wood pieces by the shore. I picked out several this summer but never had the time to just sit and take care of the idea I had. SO... last night I made my first attempt with French sayings and one Dream one for my daughter to be displayed outside in the spring or on a covered porch right now. I guess I might even give them out to friends whose passion for the house and yard are just like mine. So where has your creative spirit taken you lately?
PS: I also bought a sewing machine yesterday....
Warmly,
Helen

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous idea, Helen!!! These came out so nice! I have some drift wood that I brought home from Michigan, but it's not flat enough for a sign. I'll have to go look for some on the beach here.

    I also have a nice bucket of beautiful beach rocks from Michigan. Any ideas for them? (We don't have rocks here, so I toted them home. lol)

    I'm looking forward to seeing what you sew.

    ReplyDelete